Continuous Improvement Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Masterguard LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Leads and manages Critical X projects portfolios in all Mexico business units in order to accomplish measurable business processes improvements. Employ Critical X methodology and analytics into organizational operation in order to accomplish business objectives. Train and works with Green Belts in the planning, designing and accomplish of key projects.
- Leads complex projects using Critical X methodology to deliver significant bottom-line improvements to meet customer and business needs.
- Serves as a change agent in institutionalizing Critical X´s continuous quality improvements.
- Provides consultation and solutions by leading cross-functional teams and deploying rigorous statistical tools to improve process capability, reducing variability and eliminating defects.
- Facilitating, training and coaching team members in the use of Critical X tools.
- Collaborating with leaders and teams to uncover and assess Critical X opportunities for FNG identifying potential process improvement projects and collaborating with business leaders on project selection.
- Communicating team’s progress to Champions, Business Leaders and team members.
- Educating, coaching, and mentoring Green Belts and others on Critical X methodology and application.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum 5 years of experience in a Black Belt role and strong organizational skills.
- Strong statistical methods knowledge.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
Strong self-learning skill.
- Black Belt or Shainin Red X certification.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of metal stamping, chrome plating, plastic injection, welding and assembly is an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented.
- Good computer skills with all MS products.
- All other duties as assigned
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Weekend work as required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3166