- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Ionia Main, LLC is currently looking for several Construction and Welding Fabricators to fill openings created by an expansion in business. Candidates being considered must be able to lift, bend, squat, and stand for extended periods of time. Candidates being considered must also have an acceptable work history, pass a drug screen, physical, and background check. The wages for this position range from 18.00 per hour to 23.00 per hour.
- Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for buildings according to job, verbal instructions, and blueprints: Develops layout and plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of trigonometry, stock allowances for thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and physical properties of metal.
- Know how to weld more than just structural steel, example: stainless steel and titanium of other materials.
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
- May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
- May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as welder, shears, flame cutters, punches, mag drill, and drill presses.
- Pipe fitting, knows how to cut treads, determine lengths for final fit. May include plastic pipe
- Can use hand tools like grinders and cutoff tools.
- The ability to work in confined space, at height and in dirty areas while following all the safety regulations.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven skills on Day one.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Documented hours of any Apprenticeship or skilled trades Training
- Tech School Training
- Welding Certificate
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4201