Coatings - Process Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Effingham, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls on VTI, annealing, and hard coat equipment to customer specifications. He or she is responsible for resolving manufacturing processes. The Process Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment. Additionally, he or she will maintain equipment and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing improvement plans. He or she would coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure good production and quality through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Optimises all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and changeover times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up as needed;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up processes and performs start-up and shut-down of coating systems;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of coating equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of coating equipment.
- Must be experienced with Robotics and Programming, troubleshooting, develop and modify robot programs;
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required;
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Effectively convey shift reports to the next shift as well as department supervisor.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Associates Degree or Certificates in a technical field preferred.
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Possess basic office skills such as Excel and Microsoft Word systems.
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Manufacturing experience. Automotive Lighting experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- This position may require hot work, standing up to 100%, overhead work, kneeling, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.