- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Oklahoma, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Qualified candidate must possess ability to perform inspection on detailed pats using a wide variety of measuring instruments specially CMM to determine acceptability or rejection of parts.
Hands on professional with ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and interpretation. 1-3 years of experience operating coordinate measuring machine CMM
This is a three shift operation; candidate must be willing to work any shift.
- Program and operate Faro Arms ( software Poly works)
- Pprogram CMM ( software Metrolog)
- Utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications (including but not limited to calipers, micrometer, optical comparators, gauges, etc.)
- Interpret standards and specifications. Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) and other data to arrive at acceptance or rejection.
- Conduct MSA studies / gage R@R, PPK/CPK and drive improvements to process
- Ability to collect, organize, and interpret measurement data, statistical trends, and recommend actions.
- Ability to support and organize PPAP documentation to customer approval.
- Document and evaluate historical data to determine calibration intervals
- Operation of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), including development and maintenance of programs, set up and execution.
- Create program set up and execution documentation detailing preparation, part orientation and operation instructions for other inspection personnel. Create and edit dimensional inspection programs for the CMM, both interactively and off-line.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Conduct CMM inspections of miscellaneous parts, gages and tooling as required.
- Must be able to interact and assist with Manufacturing and Engineering personnel in regards to part conformance and process capability.
- Conduct miscellaneous surface plate inspections and hand-held gage setup/calibration as required.
- Perform the duties of a final layout inspector as required.
- Clean and maintain a safe work area.
- Understands implements and maintains the Company's quality policy in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Complete all tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
- Train CMM Operators in basic CMM operations and program operation.
- Develop methods and programs on other equipment as required or directed.
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Operator and Programmer Tasks
- Determine program requirements based on design and engineering requirements.
- Operate precision machinery as needed.
- Write or edit programs for precision machinery.
- Ensure that precision machinery is in working condition and properly calibrated.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of quality related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent grammar and Mathematical Skills.
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills are a must.
- Previous work experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.