Chief Information Officer
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will provide technology vision, leadership and direction for developing and implementing information resource management initiatives that create and maintain leadership and competitiveness for the corporation in a constantly changing and intensely competitive marketplace. The CIO will help Flex-N-Gate Corporation plan implementation of enterprise information resources supporting both distributed and centralized business, manufacturing and support operations. To achieve more cost beneficial enterprise-wide data processing operations, which contribute toward correct, timely, required information to the right person. Focus should be increased productivity, synchromization of systems, less waste, and value addition to increase the profitability of business as a whole and its entities.
- Ensuring work practices and utilization of the Information Resource in accordance with best practices.
- Take a leadership role in choosing between reengineering the organization’s business processes, or adopting a continuous process improvement approach, for the underpinning information systems infrastructures: which includes paper and computer based systems, to achieve more productive, efficient and valuable use of information within the corporation. Reaching out to the manufacturing facilities to implement the changes and adopt a proactive approach rather than reactive.
- Watchdog for Information Resource Management. To progressively discourage mushroom growth of applications, that are workarounds to the existing business systems, and to help end users develop and implement innovative solutions to business problems through leadership and effective use of technology, only in cases where the existing ERP system, CMS – cannot fulfill business requirements, along with the initiatives for optimum use for increasing efficiency and profitability of business enterprises of FNG families of companies.
- To highlight areas of business where the potential of CMS has not been exploited for increased visibility and to make information available to management as a tool, to enhance the control function resulting in cost cuts.
- To progressively eliminate waste due to duplication of data gathering and processing applications, within a manufacturing facility.
- To replicate or tailor, already developed application (s) by one plant, for another plant. Creating a standard and uniformity for all the plants within the corporation.
- Internal customers’ satisfaction: interact with production / manufacturing, sales, finance, quality and engineering departments to ensure the continuous satisfaction, of these internal customers.
- To assist devising or modifying procedures to solve information management problems with state of the art design methodologies. Applications development new and existing, for corporate initiatives and overall coordination for divisional initiatives.
- Product research, evaluation, and selection of applications software before buying it. Ensure that industry best practices are used during the evaluation, selection, integration, and implementation.
- Where appropriate, end-user training on application software and/or software tools.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Demonstrated ability to bring the benefits of Information Resource to solve business issues while also managing costs and risk.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business in the simplest possible form.
- Skilled at identifying state of the art ERP systems and their integration with business systems, in a real life situation.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients.
- Strong organizational skills and manage information resource and applications as well as coordinate divisional resources and initiatives
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple Information Resource Management projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of their information vision.
- Ability to manage and harness knowledge with a focus on knowledge management rather than the technical business of costly data processing.
- Ability to create and manage change. The ability to create change in the corporation’s operating and business processes, for both efficiency and competitiveness, and the ability to choose between business process reengineering (BPR) and continuous process improvement (CPI) for improved systems
- Master’s Degree in the required field, or a related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience of 20 years minimum work experience in an Information Technology/Systems Management capacity.
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of business applications in the manufacturing arena.
- Advance knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles.
- High level of critical and logical thinking analysis.
- Experience in managing and directing employees.
- Good organizational skills, and time management
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessity.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3763