- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Chemist is responsible for planning, daily analysis, analyzing all test and data for preparation in the steel and plastic production process. The Chemist will ensure that the operation of the lab will run efficiently and maintain data so that the highest quality production standards are met while following all environment, health and safety regulations.
- Daily analysis according to lab schedule.
- Prepare Plastic and Steel line for Production start up process.
- Approve Treat Baths following procedure.
- Check all raw materials for plating bath by tests, TOC & HPLC.
- Record and analyze test results.
- Induce changes in composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy, or chemical catalysts for quantitative analysis.
- Track chemical additions in tracking sheets.
- Prepare and enter data for S.P.C. Program and run charts.
- Conduct Quality control test and consult with Lab Manager on tests results.
- Communicate with Lab Manager to determine parameters for Control Plan.
- Problem solving and propose solutions to Lab Manager.
- Supply Inventory and supply needs review with Lab Manager.
- Perform Chemical laboratory maintenance as necessary.
- Perform lab safety compliance inspections and review recommendations with Lab Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the required field, or a related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience of Three years minimum related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability and ability to solve practical problems.
- Mathematics skills and concepts statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills are necessity.
- Troubleshooting ability and decision making ability is required.
- Detailed oriented with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs such as Excel Programming (VBA).
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.