Certified Welder-Day Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are NOW HIRING Certified Welders to join our team on Day shift! You are Looking to Join a Growing Company with Outstanding Benefits! Look no further and Apply Today with Ventra Salem!!
The primary responsibilities include: Weld in accordance with all job requirements. Maintain welding equipment, tools and supplies in safe working order. Work effectively in a team-based environment while maintaining safety standards including proper utilization of all require PPE and following related safety procedures.
- Steel experience preferred at this time
- Participate in pre and post-planned readiness of parts and tools, for planned fit up activities.
- Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Use thorough understanding of departmental operating procedures as well as job task procedures in selecting and operating production / welding equipment safely.
- Use knowledge of weld symbols to analyze drawings, blueprints, specifications, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly and welding operations.
- Move to various departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have welding certification or at least 3-year welding experience with Tig/Stick welders
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Must consistently demonstrate quality work.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be mathematically inclined and possess a strong mechanical aptitude with ability to use various measuring equipment.
- Ability to use and maintain numerous hand tools in accordance with safety standards and procedures.
- Following all OSHA requirements
- Must be able to work any shift, during weekends/holidays, and work overtime as required
- Requires sufficient physical ability to walk, stand, sit, and climb stairs; to frequently bend, squat, crouch, kneel, twist, and make other movements in the performance of daily activities; grasping, handling/fingering and using hand tools; to reach above shoulders and outward, and lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate amounts of weight
- Perform prolonged standing
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.