Capacity Analysis Engineer
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Technician will assist with creating products and improving manufacturing methods as well as identifying opportunities to reduce manufacturing cost and improve product lead time. The Engineering Technician will assist the engineers with activities such as research and development, quality control and testing. The Engineering Technician will support manufacturing activities such as process sustainability and equipment troubleshooting.
- Assist Engineers in the creation, modification and testing of products and processes
- Assist in interpreting engineering drawings for production personnel
- Assist in the development, evaluation, improvement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Assist in the develop and implement process control techniques and procedures
- Create Standard Word documentation such as Work Instructions, Operator Inspection Sheets, Standard Work Flow Diagrams, etc.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and review of FMEAs and Control Plans
- Perform root cause and failure analysis, as required
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products
- Test products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications
- Inspect products and processes to identify areas of improvement
- Initiate improvements in current manufacturing methods and processes to improve part quality and reduce manufacturing costs
- Perform product non-conformance reviews with Quality Department
- Assist with troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety, health, ergonomic and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility
- Perform maintenance processes on equipment and prepare equipment for operation; perform post process service to equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/ product issues in the manufacturing of products
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in 00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- Certificate or associates degree in related engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, Control Plan, PFMEA, Statistical Process, and Machine Controls
- Strong Knowledge of ISO 14001/ TS 16949
- Knowledge of CAD
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to problem solve and chose best solutions
- Ability to analyze data and create technical documents
- Ability to use common hand tools and power tools
- Ability to use common measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, optical equipment, etc.
- Proficient in work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and other database functions such as reporting and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solving
- Able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.