CAE Thermal Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position will be responsible for CAE thermal and condensation analysis and design solutions of new model lamps for production in Sandusky and Grand Rapids 5 plants. This position is located in Allen Park.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating thermal model assumptions
- Preprocessing of CAD model data
- FE model development utilizing HyperMesh
- Creating thermal and condensation models using Maya TMD/ESC software
- Running simulations to predict results
- Post processing and analysis of data
- Providing design solutions and recommendations to resolve issues.
- Coordination of design actions with PD engineers.
- Validation of thermal and condensation testing of lamp systems
- BSME or equivalent, MSME preferred
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics
- Experience in application of thermal science in product design.
- Strong knowledge of computer FE modeling.
- Preferred Skills;
- Maya TMD/ESC software
- CFD tools
- Automotive Lighting Product Experience
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.