CAD/ Product Designer-CATIA
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Ventra, a division of Flex-N-Gate is looking for an experienced CAD/Product Designer for Grand Rapids, MI. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Accurately prepare designs of automotive parts that meet both customer requirements and company objectives. Candidate must support our engineers in the development of projects from a design point of view so that we can meet realistic engineering expectations.
- Designs components and systems using the CAD system to provide maximum customer value and vehicle function.
- Develops design of details not completely defined.
- Communicates design changes with customers as needed
- Alter or modify designs to obtain specified function and performance.
- Assist in maintaining accurate logs of all design requests.
- Communicates with Program Management for additional information required.
- Prepare vendor Design packages for distribution including drawings and sketches.
- Prepare data for distribution to approved suppliers.
- Maintain file structure for design and incoming data.
- Review all designs with program manager for approval.
- Releasing data to customer’s PDM or mailbox.
- Expertise in CATIA in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Plastic part design
- Knowledge of customer’s current design requirements
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Design for Manufacturing.
- Design for Assembly
- Solid modeling. May be required to attend training to develop knowledge.
- Education or knowledge and experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology.
- Four (4) years of experience or equivalent demonstrated proficiency
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3175