- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services in an automotive environment, such as: production parts, raw materials, supplies and equipment.
- Confer and negotiate with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, delivery, etc.
- Prepare requests for quotation, analyze responses, and make sourcing recommendations to the Purchasing Director and Vice President-Purchasing.
- Write purchase orders and/or contracts.
- Review current and potential supplier manufacturing locations, to determine supply capabilities.
- Champion cost savings activities for selected commodities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for key commodities.
- Maintain manual and/or computerized procurement records.
- Discuss defective goods or services with quality personnel, manufacturing and suppliers to identify the “root cause” of the problem, so that it can be rectified.
- Monitor supplier labor agreements to ensure material supply in the event of a labor stoppage.
- We are seeking a buyer with 5 years of proven experience in Electronics preferred
- Solid analytical, computer and math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form
- Good decision-making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business is strongly preferred.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3825