- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
As a key member of the Advance Purchasing group, you will work closely with our product development and engineering groups in identifying requirements and sourcing globally competitive suppliers.
- Drive annual cost reduction projects and conduct cost benchmarking to meet organizational goals.
- Manage RFQ process, analyze supplier quotations and make fact based sourcing recommendations to senior management.
- Manage direct material procurement functions for several commodities.
- Play an active role in the APQP process using our PLM system.
- Manage, Research, assess and expand on our global supply base
- Lead global sourcing activities for a variety of new buy parts on behalf of several plants in Canada, Europe, U.S, Mexico, China.
- Provide active supplier support to all departments including product development, manufacturing, sales, quality and finance.
- Continuously scope market place to find new and increasingly competitive suppliers globally.
- Candidates with 7-10 years purchasing experience in the automotive parts manufacturing industry.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited College or University.
- Complete or willing to complete CSCMP designation (or certification program).
- Must be self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to work in a dynamic environment and possess multitasking skills.
- Must have strong analytical, negotiating, computer and communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have good mathematical aptitude, problem solving/decision making skills, and good time management skills.
- Possess flexibility to travel globally.
- Experience with global procurement asset.
- Quality/Engineering experience in automotive parts an asset.
- Spanish or Mandarin an asset
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 6314