BI Support Technician / Data Warehouse Architect
- # of Openings
- Information Systems
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Data Warehouse Architect will support the Business Intelligence System and the Corporate Data Warehouse. They will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Data Warehouse in order to meet the needs of Plant and Corporate Reports.
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge Business Intelligence Fundamentals; Designing Relational Databases, ETL processes, working with data schemas, etc. They will work collaboratively with Senior BI Team members to understand our data systems and ensure data integrity and reliability.
- Design, create, maintain and deploy the Corporate Data Warehouse using IBM DataStage/QualityStage v11.7
- Create and apply best practices for data loading and extraction.
- Develop data architecture, data modeling and ETL mapping solutions within a structured data warehouse environment.
- Manage the consolidation of data from multiple data sources such as DB2i, MSSQL, MYSQL, Web services, etc.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the design and delivery of BI and reporting solutions using data from the data warehouse.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and develop simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of the business customers.
- Monitor the Data Warehouse and BI Systems performance and integrity. Provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the IS Manager.
- On call availability.
- Working knowledge of ETL Processes and applications such as IBM InformationServer, DataStage
- Exceptional SQL capabilities using SQL Developer tools
- Experience with DB2i and other relational databases
- Experience supporting data transfers between Web Based Applications
- Proficiency in the following:
- Dimensional and Relational modeling
- Data warehousing concepts (DB Semantic modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas, data mining, etc.)
- HADR concepts to support the synchronization and maintenance of Production, Development and Failover environments for the ETL system and data warehouse.
- Strong analytical and good communications skills
- Must be able to diagnose and solve the problems as well as guiding with best practices of trouble shooting methods
- Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
- Experience in developing slowly changing dimensions, error handling and performance tuning.
- Strong documentation skills using PowerPoint, Excel and/or Visio
- Detail Oriented, self-motivated and team player
- Strong Project Management and Application Management skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.