Battery Innovation Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-Ion - Battery Innovation Center
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Battery Innovation Engineer will lead and support lithium-ion cell technology projects. As the auto industry is moving towards electrification and part of a sustainable green energy, the innovation engineer will work closely with various projects related to lithium ion battery cell.
- Lead and support lithium-ion cell technology projects.
- Innovate the drive lithium-ion battery material development for the various battery components (cathode, anode, electrolytes, separator).
- Work with multi-functional teams to ensure feasible and scalable manufacturing methods for new proposed materials.
- Evaluate new technology trends as it relates to the next generation of lithium ion batteries.
- Work closely at Flex-Ion Battery Innovation Center to evaluate and validate new lithium ion materials, processes and new technologies.
- Acts as primary interface to projects with the University / College.
- Understand and support cell design activities.
- Effectively communicate project status and proactively manage risk.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Technical Background in EV battery cell development.
Hands-on experience in lithium ion battery cell manufacturing.
Background in battery cell design & process.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate into product requirements.
- Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.