- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Technician's role is to support and initiate automation programs throughout the facility by implementing and maintaining automation projects and equipment.
- Contacts suppliers for quotations of equipment and reviews output quantity, quality, process reliability and downtime of equipment;
- Implements new equipment in plant and co-ordinates activities with maintenance;
- Organizes and maintains project schedules by communicating with both plant personnel and supplier's timing requirements;
- Develops project objectives by conferring with management regarding design, set-up and maintenance;
- Determines project specifications by preparing cost estimates;
- Develop new automation processes;
- Develop and implement training programs for all new equipment and automation cells;
- Identifies and reviews various sources for required equipment and determines criteria for which equipment is to be evaluated with input from a cross-functional team;
- Confirms product performance by conducting capability tests/trials on prototype orders and time studies;
- Conducts continuous improvement studies through automation designing, cost-benefit analysis and maintenance;
- Ensure procurement of equipment that matches the intended needs and savings;
- Establishing and bring all equipment up to both mechanical and electrical standards.
- University degree/College diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years related experience in an automotive/manufacturing industry.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Proficient knowledge in Allen Bradley, RSLogix 5000 and Factory Talk View Studio
- Experience programming and maintaining Vision Systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Must be highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 7077