- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company
- Policy, local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations and the Collective Agreement;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Awareness and understanding of Environmental Policy (ISO 14001) and Quality Policy (TS 16949) guidelines and how the position’s responsibilities impacts on environment and quality;
- Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance in the department;
- Ensures personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training appropriate education, skills and experience;
- Contacts suppliers for quotations of equipment and reviews output quantity, quality, process reliability and downtime of equipment;
- Implements new equipment in plant and co-ordinates activities with maintenance;
- Organizes and maintains project schedules by communicating with both plant personnel and supplier’s timing requirements;
- Develops project objectives by conferring with management regarding design, set-up and maintenance;
- Determines project specifications by preparing cost estimates;
- Develop new automation processes;
- Develop and implement training programs for all new equipment and automation cells;
- Identifies and reviews various sources for required equipment and determines criteria for which equipment is to be evaluated with input from a cross-functional team;
- Confirms product performance by conducting capability tests/trials on prototype orders and time studies;
- Conducts continuous improvement studies through automation designing, cost-benefit analysis and maintenance;
EDUCATION: University degree/College diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or
REQUIRED TRAINING: AutoCAD, CAD Key and Microsoft Office Software.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: Project Management and APQP.
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.