Automation Tech 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking for Automation Maintenance Technicians. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Design, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, program and modification of automated equipment such as (but not limited to) programmable controllers, sensors, computers, measuring devices, scanners and related automation equipment and associated machinery.
- 2nd Shift
- Provide support to assembly operators & supervisors
- Design/ troubleshooting ladder logic
- Properly document changes and updates to electrical, pneumatic and mechanical prints/logic.
- Adhering to specifications from Controls Engineering & Quality Department
- 7-10 years of experience in wiring of control panels, machine tool fixtures and cell integration.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, pneumatic and mechanical prints
- Must be able to diagnosis, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical issues and be able to repair as needed
- Knowledge of 24vdc, 120v and 480v systems a must
- Knowledge of sensors and how they work; capacitive, inductive, fiber optic, pnp and npn
- Must be able to use a meter proficiently
- 3 – 5 years of experience of programming knowledge for the following systems; Allen Bradley PLC’s, Allen Bradley HMI’s, vision systems (Keyence & Cognex), Robot (Nachi preferred), Siemens experience not necessary but preferred.
- Machine shop skills along with power hand tools
- Ability to watch a process and identify the issue without a computer.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Relocation assistance
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.