- # of Openings
- Ventra Salem, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Supervisor’s role is to design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks and to create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies or finished products. This also includes maintaining technical project files, implementing and/or testing design solutions, and creating mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate design concepts.
- Calibrate scientific or technical equipment
- Select tools, equipment or technologies for use in operations or projects
- Develop technical methods or processes
- Document design or operational test results
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical or integrated systems or equipment
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality or performance.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel.
- Create graphical representations of mechanical equipment
- Design industrial processing systems
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs or performance benefits of new equipment
- Provide engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Research, select or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing or electronic communication.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for system designs.
- Apply automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components or finished goods.
- Robotics, Controls, PLC is a plus
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- 3 - 5 years supervision experience
- Strong Electrical Aptitude
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead a team
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.