Automation - Robotic Technician
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for all aspects of robotics for the Paint department for the designated shift(s). Install, maintain, repair, and upgrade all paint robots and related automation equipment. Implement paint robot projects to maximizing manufacturing capabilities efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Direct successful implementation of robotic and other automation projects.
- Ensure automation equipment installation and operation complies with all appropriate safety standards.
- Troubleshoot robotic issues impairing production processes with minimal down time.
- Prepare/modify robotic programs, PLC ladder logic, etc.
- Provide inputs to capacity study generations and maintenance.
- Document and communicate work performed, project status, etc., with team members.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of safety, housekeeping, productivity, and quality with minimal supervision.
- Organizes and maintains project schedules by communicating with both plant personnel and supplier’s timing requirements.
- Develops project objectives by conferring with management regarding design, set-up and maintenance.
- Conducts continuous improvement studies through automation designing, cost-benefit analysis and maintenance.
- Ensure procurement of equipment that matches the intended needs and savings. Develop new automation processes.
- Establishing and bring all equipment up to both mechanical and electrical standards.
To perform this job successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Associates degree in a related Engineering or Technology program from accredited college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years of ABB Robot Programming experience (ABB). Controls experience to include: PLC Programming experience (Rockwell, Control Logix, RS Logix 5000), HMI Programming experience (Factory Talk SE/ME), I/O networking experience (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet). Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3800