Automation Program Manager
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Program Manager serves as an automation and assembly systems expert, overseeing design, construction and implementation of welding and assembly equipment at the plants as well as at our suppliers’ locations. He/She directs activities concerned with the implementation of assembly tooling to fulfill the production requirements for new and existing programs and product launches.
• Plans and develops methods and procedures for the implementation of assembly tooling and welding equipment within a specified budget.
• Directs program activities pertaining to assembly equipment and coordinates, in conjunction with other program managers responsible for the project.
• Directs or makes recommendations or requests of assistance to activities pertaining to assembly equipment and the personnel responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of assembly and welding tooling.
• Reviews and approves assembly tooling vendors’ proposed designs, processes and follows equipment through all phases of development.
• Successfully works in conjunction with other program managers to ensure equipment satisfies the internal and external customer’s requirements.
• Reviews vendor progress to assure adherence to established schedules and timelines.
• Modifies or changes the methodology or redirects activities as necessary to attain the objectives within time frame and cost limits.
• Directs through appropriate channels the personnel at the external plants and suppliers in the development and implementation of assembly or welding equipment.
• Communicates effectively through verbal and written channels in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Escalates concerns and issues to the appropriate channels when necessary to the success of the project or objectives.
• Participates in, attends and/or leads customer meetings to review timeline, goals, objectives and other activities related to launch and ongoing programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, specifically mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience in lieu of education may be considered.
• A minimum of three to five years’ experience in the automotive manufacturing environment, especially in the areas of automation, welding and assembly.
• Strong working knowledge of robotics and control systems pertaining to mechanical assembly and welding equipment.
• Expertise in processing and quoting new assembly equipment in an automotive manufacturing environment.
• Expertise in mechanical and electrical design related to Assembly Automation Equipment.
• Knowledge in robotic programming, PLC programming, spot welding, MIG welding, drawn arc stud welding and projection welding strong preferred.
• Knowledge of GD&T.
• Experience with Auto CAD, 3D-CAD software such as Unigraphics and Catia
• Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work outside of standard core hours when needed.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally in North Americaa during launch phases.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5052