Automation Maintenance Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking for Automation Maintenance Technicians. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Design, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, program and modification of automated equipment such as (but not limited to) programmable controllers, sensors, computers, measuring devices, scanners and related automation equipment and associated machinery.
- Recommends changes and corrections in circuitry, programs, controllers, sensors and so forth to simplify or improve processes, procedures or safety.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of electric, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical devices.
- Analyzes and interprets test data. Adjust, calibrates, aligns, and modifies automated equipment.
- Maintains secondary circuits for welding machines including welding tips. Installs and removes related primary components and assemblies, makes necessary electric, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical hookups to controls, panels and related devices and equipment.
- Coordinates with other skilled trades to assure safe installation and operation.
- Writes technical reports, develops charts and diagrams schematics to describe and illustrate operating characteristics.
- Determines preventive maintenance schedules and welding tip-change schedules.
- Will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on all robots.
- Will be required to work on all aspects of automation, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical.
- Needs to be journeyman electrician.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and program PLC logic.
- Must be familiar with electrical codes and procedures.
- High School and/or GED plus minimum 2 years of vocational/technical trade school.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Relocation assistance
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Reference #: 3752