Automation Electronics Tech
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Will manage the introduction of new products, processes, and technologies into production. They will also review existing processes and manage the transition of technologies and new processes for batch scale up.
- Work to develop a marketing and product design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for the new product.
- Develop a cost-effective and working production process of the new product.
- Set detailed specifications and implement production plans.
- Conduct tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy till a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully.
- Oversee process design projects and ensure the projects are completed on time.
- Ensure financial budgets are followed throughout the manufacturing process.
- Improve the present manufacturing production process to boost productivity, quality, and profitability for the company. Research and recommend new manufacturing technology, work in the collaboration with the product engineering department to better production equipment functionality. Implement the transition of new technology to ensure production continues with success.
- Generate & implement plant wide cost saving projects
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all (Company Name) employees and subcontractors.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Candidates will possess a degree in Engineering or a diploma as an Engineering Technologist in Mechanical / Electrical or a similar manufacturing discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- CAD experience
- PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting; vision systems; servo systems working experience must have
- Experience with assembly lines automation & troubleshooting must have
- Additional knowledge in any of the following would also be an asset: TS16949; ISO14001; robotics; paint systems; welding; machining; ergonomics; line balancing and MOST techniques; GD&T; PHSR/machine guarding; Six Sigma.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.