Automated Line Tender
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
JOB TITLE: Automated Line Tender $19.77/Hr.
Under limited supervision of an Automation Engineer, Automation Maintenance person, production supervisor or other designated person, the automated press line tender is responsible for scheduled and unscheduled changes or adjustments of certain component parts or units related to the automation functions of the equipment. Responsible for recordkeeping and reporting on-line.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine maintenance of automation components.
- Performs initial setup and determines corrective action as required to assure automation equipment meets performance capability.
- At least once per hour, required to verify the part they are producing meets quality standards, and reports any concerns to the Supervisor.
- Performs adjustments, calibrations, alignments and modifications of electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems and components in automation equipment.
- Advises supervisor when equipment does not meet capability to produce product according to quality standards. Contacts appropriate skilled trades or automation maintenance and automation engineer when unable to correct problem through routine procedures.
- May be required to assist automation maintenance person, automation engineer, or other skilled trade’s person to perform more involved maintenance of equipment
This position description is not all-inclusive. This position is required to perform all other miscellaneous duties and functions as may be assigned. This includes working in all classifications that employee may be assigned to.
NSERT A 1-2 SENTENCE SUMMARY OF THE POSITION.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must pass written mechanical aptitude/knowledge test.
- Requires the ability to read instructions and perform tasks as instructed.
- Basic understanding of positive & negative numbers and on how it relates to robots.
- Basic understanding of metric and standard (English) system.
- Knowledge of Fanuc & ABB robots.
- Must be able to communicate in technical terms and relay information to other persons involved in equipment operation and maintenance.
- Must have been able to drive a Hi-lo.
- General education requirements, including high school math and reading proficiency.
- Demonstrate a good Attendance record; should be 2.0 or better
- Must be able to lift, bend, twist, squat, climb, kneel, stand or walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Must be able to work in environment with welding fumes from robots.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, all additional education from college to training seminars in this related field is a plus.
- Must be able to work mandatory OT as required 6-7 days per week.COMMENTS
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.