Assistant General Manager
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The General Manager will be responsible for leading an engineering and operational team of professionals. The GM should have significant automotive, mechanical, and manufacturing experience, in addition to proven managerial performance. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operations in accordance with company policies and procedures, current standards, guidelines and regulations. The position is responsible for safe maintenance of the facility. The main areas of responsibilities are process engineering, production, quality, logistics, HR, safety and security.
- Responsible to ensure all work is performed in a safe, efficient manner and is in compliance with Company policy.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Awareness and understanding of Environmental Policy (ISO 14001) and Quality Policy (TS 16949) guidelines and how the position’s responsibilities impacts on environment and quality;
- Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance;
- Ensures personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training, appropriate education, skills and experience;
- Personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training, and appropriate education, skills and experience;
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Manufacturing to keep pace with changes in the scope of work.
- Directs and establishes key measurable of Quality Operating System which enable the company to maintain competitiveness and profitability;
- Oversees company’s compliance regarding all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and procedures to achieve company requirements;
- Monitors production costs, production quality, scrap reports, value added activities and continuous improvements to maintain and enhance profitable operation;
- Develops short - term and long - term business plans of budgets and forecasts to meet customer expectations and business operations;
- Provides employees with a good learning environment and necessary tools, which they need to succeed;
- Creates company’s opportunities by securing new business, providing customer satisfaction, optimizing all resources and demonstrating corporate citizenship;
- Develops procedures for motivational and morale aspect, promotes communication and disseminates adequate information to all employees;
- Assumes accountability and direct responsibility for capabilities and capacity analysis, approval/authorization for capital and operating requests, developing quality policies that enhances customer satisfaction;
- Provides financial reports (profit & loss) to Corporate as needed;
- Provides leadership and chairs daily production and review meetings;
- Provides an advisory role on business and financial issues to achieve management team goals;
- Communicates and contacts customers and suppliers when required.
- Performs other duties as required
- Preferred degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering; and
- Ten years work experience in automotive manufacturing and/or
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Strong working knowledge of motivation, training, appraisal and general supervisory skills.
- Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff required.
- Must have Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of customer expectations
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of TS16949 and ISO14001
- Management experience
- Demonstrated Program Management leadership skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Superior analytical capabilities
- Ability to Lead multiple projects and people
- Good written and verbal communication
- In depth knowledge of automotive manufacturing, including project management, tooling, machining and assembly
- Comfortable with speaking to groups
- Ability to travel
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5430