Assembly Supervisor 3rd Shift
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Assembly Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling parts and material handling by performing the following duties. This position is for 3rd Shift.
- Study production schedules, customer orders, work orders and shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage, staging or other designated work areas.
- Communicate specifications and job orders to workers and assign duties.
- Ensure production materials are placed on appropriate racks, shelves, bins or in work cells according to pre-determined sequence, size, type, style, color, etc.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces work rules and safety regulations.
- Audit work cells for conformance to processes and procedures.
- Coordinate distribution of items to production workers or assembly lines.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Communicate necessary adjustments to work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Report machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance personnel.
- Ability to perform activities of workers supervised.
- Follow and support company TS 16949 and ISO 14001 policies, procedures and instructions.
- Daily cycle counts.
- Direct hilo drivers in Yard/Plant floor to adhere to layout.
- Assure that Rad and ILVS are stocked / organized to ensure 1st shift start up
- Any other duties as assigned required
- Minimum Education – H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in the Automotive Industry
- Leadership ability
Working knowledge of production control methods
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.