Assembly Production Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Supervises and coordinates activities of employees, ensuring that all manufactured products are created to meet production schedules and customer demands. Assists with supervision of all manufacturing floor personnel to ensure consistent and efficient operations.
- Responsible for direction, training and safety of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and assigning employees per production requirements; direct and coordinate on daily scheduling of tasks to ensure smooth and efficient direction of labor and efficiency.
- Responsible for quality parts, on-time delivery, scrap reduction, continuous improvement and manages down time.
- Puts correction actions into place by using problem solving techniques when goals are not achieved.
- Monitor and ensure satisfactory performance standards and expectations of staff. In consultation with Human Resources executes performance improvement and disciplinary actions as required.
- Coaches, counsels and motivates employees to maintain positive morale.
- Maintain direct communication with other departments to coordinate work, minimize down time and ensure production and shipping requirements are met.
- Utilizing the RPM system, monitors daily punches and payroll information to ensure attendance and payroll reporting is correct and up-to-date.
- Communicate all information from shift to shift to ensure a solid understanding of the days production requirements.
- Coordinate training of new staff. Perform all necessary evaluations on new hires and trainees to ensure and promote quality workmanship.
- Promote safe working practices. Conducts thorough investigations and reporting of accidents and incidents, following through the recommendations for corrective actions.
- Understands and provides metrics to measure success and areas for improvement.
- Maintains and improves 6S standards and house-keeping in designated zones and throughout the plant.
- Develops, implements, monitors and enforces standardized work in their areas; performs audit of operators in their section twice per shift.
- Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent supervisory experience.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrates computer knowledge and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn other software programs.
· Must have knowledge of scheduling practices and procedures.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret production reports.
· Able to effectively present information to management and employees.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.