Assembly Process Engineer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Assembly Process Engineer supports the launch of new manufacturing assets and continuous improvement of existing manufacturing assets through the use of sound engineering principles and analytical data to drive results on the production floor. The Process Engineer will work with machine operators, production leadership and other engineers to define and implement improvement activities.
- Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and change over times;
- Assists with launch of new programs by supporting the design of new processes to ensure quality products and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functionality of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, performing repairs and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/product issues in the manufacturing of products
- Support process improvement projects through design, procurement, installation and debug/start-up of equipment modifications.
- Develop training materials and train operators and technicians, document and monitor new operational process.
- Implement process improvement projects safely in order to ensure safety, quality and productivity are met.
- Serve as the technical resource who effectively supports the increase of operational quality and productivity through manufacturing process optimization.
- Be recognized as the technical expert by demonstrating exemplary knowledge, skills and ability when implementing engineering principles.
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Electrical and Mechanical print reading
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing experience is required.
- CAD experience drawing in 2D & 3D
- Experience with PLC (Allen Bradley) and HMI programming, vision systems (Keyence and Cognex)
- Additional knowledge in servo systems, robotics (FANUC), ergonomics, line balancing and MOST techniques, GD&T, PHSR/Machine guarding and six sigma
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (Both Verbal and Written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisor and interpersonal skills.
- Trouble shooting ability.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.