Assembly, Paint, Welding Operator
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is the production of quality parts while maintaining rate.
Goal is to safely deliver quality parts to customers on time.
- Runs assigned jobs at rate.
- Check to see that guards / safety devices are in place prior to weld start up.
- Completes paperwork properly which includes scorecards & production boards.
- Reads process / work instructions and signs training logs.
- Performs jobs within operation of assigned work center and according to print specifications.
- Tracks all scrap produced. Responsible / accountable for defective product produced.
- Ensures proper tagging / labeling of produced parts.
- Instructs and trains other operators as appropriate and assigned.
- Reports any and all safety issues immediately to supervisor / team leader / management staff member.
- Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Communicates production issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift operator
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Previous experience running assembly or robotic welding machines is preferred. Welding certification is preferred.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2277