Assembly Maintenance Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Assembly Maintenance Technician is responisible for performing preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of automation equipment in the Assembly area.
- Act as a troubleshooter for automation equipment including 6-axis robots (Fanuc), programmable logic controllers, human-machine interfaces, conveying equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic actuators, and electronic switching devices
- To ensure that automation/robotic technical support is provided to all pertinent production department employees.
- Establishing and following upon project implementation.
- Troubleshooting and implementing software changes to Allen Bradley© Compact© and ControlLogix© 5000 platform of PLC’s.
- Software changes Keyence and Cognex Vision Systems.
- Implementing, working and troubleshooting Rockwell© PowerFlex© drives.
- Supporting new machine builds, installations and modifications.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to manufacturing processes, information and procedures.
- Reading controls, drawing and design concepts.
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment and tooling.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidate Must have completed or must be currently enrolled in an Industrial Maintenace/Mechatronics Program.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow work schedule.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.