Assembly Line Tech 1st Shift
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Battle Creek, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Responsible for the oversight of specific assigned assembly lines. Assist Supervisor to ensure customer specifications are met. Focus on daily output, quality and process improvements.
- Perform all tasks or duties in the manufacturing area as directed by supervisors
- Loading components into machine fixtures to produce parts
- Operations of spot welders
- Visual inspection of product
- Packing parts off of press conveyors
- Other miscellaneous production equipment
- Produce a quality part with zero defects and services to all internal and external customers on time – all of the time
- Accurate completion of hourly quality checks
- Accurate completion of daily production reporting
- Assist in preventative maintenance, change over, quality checks and machine adjustments to maintain high level of quality and production requirements
- Perform machine fault recovery
- Efficiently and effectively identify and help diagnose equipment problems and help to correct problems
- Assist in weld tip changes
- Assist in training of manufacturing team members
- Manually handling of small components up to 20 pounds
- Horizontal reach up to 27”
- Twisting from fixture to close component storage
- Forward bending, squatting to place parts into fixture
- Standing for up to 8 hours
- Experience: 1 year of manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience working with robotic weld machines preferred
- Experience performing weld tip changes preferred
- Experience with troubleshooting equipment preferred
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 9056