- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Assembly Engineer will serve as an automation and assembly specialist overseeing the design, construction, and implementation of assembly equipment. Directs activities concerned with implementation of assembly tooling to fulfill the production requirements for new programs and product launches. Develop, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Provide technical support for assembly operations
- Instruct and train all team process engineers, weld setup technicians, and operators in "real time" trouble shooting techniques. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of the robot and connections.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily basis to meet production efficiency goals.
- Coordinate with CMM operator to ensure part dimensional quality meets or exceeds customer requirements through weld fixture and tooling adjustments.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Coordinate current model engineering changes
- PPAP for current model engineering changes
- Assist with root cause and corrective action on quality issues including 8ds.
- Customer interface for warranty and quality issues
- Ensures the manufacturing equipment and processes are capable of producing parts that meet customer standards.
- Ensures operators and technicians verify manufacturing equipment, processes and work environment are all safe for use.
- Ensures the operators and technicians change over all manufacturing equipment and auxiliary equipment in a safe, orderly and timely manner.
- Establish the frequency and specific behind secondary tooling and equipment PM’s in all areas of the plant.
- Assist in the creation, modification and testing of products and processes
- Assist in interpreting engineering drawings for production personnel
- Assist in the development, evaluation, improvement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Assist in the creation and review of FMEAs and Control Plans
- Perform root cause and failure analysis, as required
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Inspect products and processes to identify areas of improvement
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/ product issues in the manufacturing of products and analyze root cause.
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Technical background, minimal of a 2-year degree in Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Computer literacy with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff and customers, negotiating, problem solving training etc.
- Self-motivated with good attendance.
- Strong working knowledge of Process Flow, Control Plan, PFMEA, Statistical Process, and Machine Controls
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles; knowledge of CAD.
- Strong Knowledge of ISO 14001/ IATF 16949
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing and distribution of goods
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to problem solve and chose best solutions
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely.
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC programming hardware and software.
- Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Panel View series)
- Ability to use common hand tools, power tools, and common measuring devices, such as micrometers, calipers, optical equipment, etc.
- Proficient in work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and other database functions such as reporting and analysis
- Proven time management and project management skills
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.