Apprentice - Tool and Die Prototype
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be responsible for servicing, maintaining and improvements to existing dies, making replacement components for dies, troubleshooting dies in presses etc. You will be part of a strong team environment that is geared to individual advancements and rotation through different avenues of tooling.
- Support Tool and Die Maker journeymen in all tasks of tool making
- Attend required training courses at a recognized college
- Attain certification as a Tool and Die Maker
- Knowledge of progressive and transfer dies
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent attitude and attendance
- Observe all company safety rules, policies and procedures
- Shift work required
- Perform all other duties as required
- Must have and maintain good attendance
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have some previous machine shop experience
- Knowledge of hand tools & hand grinders
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize many different tasks and meet deadlines in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to apply concepts such as Fractions, Percentages & Trigonometry
- Completed, currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the education requirements of the trade
- Must be willing to register as an apprentice
- Strong understanding and conscious of safe work practices
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 8876