Apprentice - Millwright
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be responsible for repair and troubleshooting of automated assembly, welding, stamping and injection molding equipment. Knowledge of building systems, PLC’s and LV electrical, as well as fabrication skill is an asset. You will be part of a strong team environment that is geared to individual advancements and rotation through different avenues of maintenance.
- Support Millwright journeymen in all tasks
- Proficiency in troubleshooting pneumatics and hydraulic problems
- Proficiency on all machine shop equipment
- Experience with precision measuring tools
- Previous automotive experience a must
- Shift work required
- Excellent attitude and attendance
- Currently enrolled in a Millwright Certificate Program, or
- Graduate of 2-year college program in Millwright, or
- Currently working as an Apprentice registered with MTCU
- Registered as a Millwright Apprentice
- Preference to 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice with automotive background
- Ability to read, write and speak English
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5025