Advanced Plastics Engineer (Moldflow Engineer)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Advanced Plastics Engineer is responsible for performing mold flow simulation and analysis using standard mold flow simulation software (Moldflow), including fill pack and warp; Translates analysis results into design, material, process and tooling recommendations; Provides data for the design, development, and troubleshooting of production tooling. This person will also provide process support for new tool tryouts and establish correlation with Moldflow simulations. They will provide process engineering and simulation support for products from early design phase through production launch. The Plastics Engineer will work under the guidance of the Corporate Process Engineering Manager.
• Lead Moldflow simulation activity for new part development
• Analyze Moldflow results and recommend part design, gating and process changes to improve part quality and process window
• Perform new tool qualification using a scientific molding approach.
• Compare results of molding trials to simulations and revise analysis assumptions to correlate results
• Develops and documents process and set-up procedures
• Support implementation of Scientific/ Decoupled Molding processes
• Project management including DOE's and process capability studies.
• Performs job in a safe manner and strives to meet or exceed company safety goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Plastics Engineering preferred.
• 2 – 5 years experience running Moldflow software simulations
• Experience working with injection molding machines, operations, setup, and processing of molds and auxiliary equipment.
• Excellent knowledge of engineering thermoplastic resins, processing, tooling and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Hands-on Engineering skills.
• Familiarity with analysis tools and methods to solve technical problems (e.g. 3-D modeling, mold filling analysis, finite element analysis)
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
• Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4882