- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Accounting Administrator performs a variety of general accounting tasks to support the Controller in ensuring various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company policies. The duties may focus on , accounts receivable, accounts payable or any combination of these.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records.
- Updates and maintains accounting and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, invoicing).
- Enters data into computer systems using defined computer programs (ERP, Payroll )
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Investigates questionable data and recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of customer accounts in the ERP system.
- Maintain up to date billing system and carry out billing, collection and apply customer remittances.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Accounts Payable
- Processes accounts payable in accordance with corporate internal control procedures including 3 way match.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; preparing vouchers; resolving purchase order/contract/ invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or
- 1+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Collections/Payable experience is preferred, as applicable.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with computer applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 3501