Accounting Administrator Position
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position will work out of the Peterborough location
The Accounting Administrator performs a variety of general accounting tasks to support the Controller in ensuring various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company policies. The duties may focus on payroll and basic accounting functions.
- Maintains payroll (hourly) information by collecting, calculating, and entering data in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare and enter month end GL payroll entries
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts as required
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Processes government requirements, terminations and other employee documentation as required
- Process yearend adjustments, taxable benefits and tax documents.
- Investigates questionable data and recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Manage and reconcile petty cash
- Assist in new hires orientation
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Working with systems such as CMS/Payroll/ Microsoft Office
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school or
- 3-5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Strong Excel skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to manage large volumes of data
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines while paying attention to accuracy
- Prior experience in the Automotive industry is an asset
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.