- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Accountant will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing required reports. The Accountant performs a variety of accounting tasks to support the Controller in ensuring various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company policies. The duties may focus on costing (product costing, margin analysis) or a specific aspect of the business. The Accountant must also construct and monitor the data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of financial information to management.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Construct data accumulation systems.
- Create and reviews the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Coordinate physical inventory and resolve issues.
- Investigate cycle counting variance and resolve issues.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month - end close.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the materials department to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Conduct ongoing process constraints analysis.
- Report on break-even points by product and work centers.
- Report on margins by product and division.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests.
- Assist controller in performing a variety of financial accounting and cost accounting tasks including but not limited to:
- Financial Accounting – perform account reconciliations, I/C reconciliations, journal entries, forecasting, cashflow, audit assistance
Cost Accounting – Cycle count reconciliation, inventory analysis and reconciliation, BOM’s and routers trouble shooting and audit
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Enviornmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Strong math and computer skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, speaking and listening)
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively independent or as member of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.