3rd Shift Production Operators
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is now hiring 3rd Shift Production Operators
$16.25 per hour plus $1.00 Shift Differential
Assembly: 10:00pm - 6:30am; Monday - Friday (Saturday morning)
Molding: 10:00pm - 6:30am; Sunday - Thursday (Friday morning)
Please list your preference on your application between Assembly or Molding
Assembly Job Duties:
- Affixes foam pieces to component parts, ensuring proper placement.
- Affixes clips, mylar, and cutline seals to plastic parts, ensuring are fully affixed and in the correct location.
- Proper use of hand tools.
- Perform general inspection tasks, take appropriate action to remove deformed product from the line.
- Operates ultrasonic welder and plastic grinding machine.
Molding Job Duties:
- Monitoring all processes related to injection molding.
- Performing adjustments to ensure parts are at standard rates.
- Inspect molds for correct set up.
- Packs finished items into totes or cardboard containers. Ensures correct label is properly placed on container.
- Places finished containers in proper location for pickup.
General Job Duties:
- Demonstrates ability to meet quality and production requirements.
- Maintains work area to ensure efficient flow of material and orderly workstations.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be able to work in excess of ten hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift.
- Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs job functions according to appropriate TS-16949 job instructions.
- Demonstrates effective working relations with others in situations involving cooperation, respectful communications and successful outcomes. Able to deal effectively and respectfully with all level of personnel, visitors and vendors.
- Respects the rights of all employees to fair treatment and equal opportunity, free from discrimination or harassment of any type.
- Complies with all safety expectations and contributes to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Basic reading, math and reasoning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow work schedule
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hours per shift.
- Perform repetitive arm/hand motions, reaching, push/pull, use hand tools, grasp, use hands to finger (pinch), twist, handle or feel, bend, lift up to 2 pounds and reach; approximately 5400 times per shift
- Lift 8 pounds with arms and hands approximately 180 times per shift.
- The work environment exposes the employee to moving mechanical parts, fork trucks and extreme heat.
- The employee must occasionally crouch, walk and Lift up to 25 pounds approximately 90 times per shift.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.