3rd Shift Production Operators
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is looking for 3rd Shift Production Operators
$16.25 per hour plus $1.00 Shift Differential
Molding 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., Sunday - Thursday (Friday morning)
Assembly 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., Monday - Friday (Saturday morning)
Please indicate on your application your preference for Assembly or Molding.
- Affixes foam pieces to component parts, ensuring proper placement.
- Affixes clips, mylar, and cutline seals to plastic parts, ensuring are fully affixed and in the correct location.
- Uses hand tools, including but not limited to swivel knives, as required
- Operates ultrasonic welder and plastic grinding machine.
- Performs general inspection tasks, takes appropriate action to remove non-conforming product from the line.
- Packs finished items into totes or cardboard containers. Ensures correct label is properly placed on container.
- Places finished containers in proper location for pickup.
- Demonstrates ability to meet quality and production requirements.
- Maintains work area to ensure efficient flow of material and orderly workstations.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be able to work in excess of ten hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift.
- Consistently demonstrates prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs job functions according to appropriate TS-16949 job instructions.
- Demonstrates effective working relations with others in situations involving cooperation, respectful communications and successful outcomes. Able to deal effectively and respectfully with all level of personnel, visitors and vendors.
- Respects the rights of all employees to fair treatment and equal opportunity, free from discrimination or harassment of any type.
- Complies with all safety expectations and contributes to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Basic reading, math and reasoning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow work schedule
- Stand for a minimum of 8 hours per shift.
- Perform reptetitive arm/hand motions, reaching, push/pull, use hand tools, grasp, use hand to finger (pinch), twist, handle or feel, bend, lift up to 2 pounds and reach.
- The enviornment exposes the employee to mechanical moving parts, fork trucks and heat.
- The employee must occasionally crouch, walk and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 9239