3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requests and ensures material required for the work is available.
- Follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met.
- Maintains and reviews stock inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials.
- Prepares manpower schedule and grants vacations.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure good housekeeping and safety provisions are adhered to.
- Attends and provides input in daily production meetings if any.
- Researches materials to continuously improve production.
- Focuses on error proofing, ergonomic techniques and cost reductions.
- Contacts outside contractors depending on need, if job cannot be done by internal maintenance manpower.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance;
- Must be prepared to be on call 24 hours/day and weekends.
- Prepares overtime equalization sheets, canvasses for overtime, prepares time sheets for payroll, approves vacations and leaves of absence and oversees schedule rotation for both plants.
- Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Coordinate regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Update project information and maintain project files
- Organize drawings and prepare drawing packages to support project activity
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required
- Community College in a related field
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman or;
- Five years related experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to independently seeks out downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge‘ of contract administration and office procedures
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4271