2nd Shift Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Troy
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The 2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor develops and coordinates shipping activities thru standardized work instructions. Shipping activities are focused on company targets in order to ensure Customer satisfaction. A main objective is to improve the customer’s delivery performance.
- Supervise associates in shipping area and outside dock/staging area
- Support customer needs (including interacting with customers via phone and e-mail).
- Support outside processor/suppliers, assist with coordinating shipments to and from suppliers (including interacting with suppliers via phone and e-mail.
- Send customer ASN’s completely and accurately.
- Have some experience with AS400, CMS/SAP/MRP systems
- Create Bills of Ladings for next day shipments.
- Interact with truck drivers.
- Must be able to utilize SMART (FCA)and Supplier Portals
- Make sure equipment is maintained in good working conditions.
- Manage truck driver schedules for optimum usage.
- Make sure all material scheduled to ship is available and shipped by end of day.
- Verify all loading of trucks for correct parts, part counts and paperwork.
- Facilitate communication between shifts.
- Have drivers maintain truck driving logs. Turn them into the materials dept. daily.
- Look for areas in which to be more cost effective.
- Enforce work rules and regulations.
- Experience with FIFO of materials
- Receiving of material and putting it away/storing from suppliers
- Keep the arears clean and organized
- Yard storage maintenance.
- Other duties as instructed by Manager.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail. Strong analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.