2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintenance Technicians are responsibile for performing predictive and preventative maintenance tasks to production areas throughout the plant.
We are currently hiring for our off-shift hours:
- 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. - Sunday through Friday
- Performs preventative maintenance on hydraulic injection molding machines, Hardcoat Lines and various Assembly equipment, as directed by supervision.
- Fits and assembles parts, using bolts and other fasteners, and hand tools, such as hammers and wrenches.
- Fabricates equipment, as needed.
- Operate overhead crane.
- Assists with improvement items that address customer quality concerns.
- Supports production and operator needs to produce a high quality, efficient product.
- Understands and follows all organizational policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be able to work in excess of eight hours per day or forty hours per week on any shift and have flexibility to work on weekend when needed.
- Performs job functions according to appropriate TS work instructions.
- Demonstrates effective working relations with others in situations involving cooperation, respectful communications and successful outcomes. Able to deal effectively and respectfully with all level of personnel, visitors and vendors.
- Respects the rights of all employees to fair treatment and equal opportunity, free from discrimination or harassment of any type.
- Complies with all safety expectations and contributes to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience preferred.
- Prior automotive experience preferred but not required.
- Moderate level of skill in repairing hydraulic, electronic, pneumatic and automation problems.
- Must also be capable of a moderate level of fabrication and ability to read hydraulic / electrical prints.
- Ability to read and work from Blue Prints.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Good working knowledge of injection molding machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow work schedule.
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8318