2nd Shift Controls Technician
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Shelby, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
A Controls Technician is responsible for the installation, calibration and maintenance of automated industrial machinery. A Controls Technician keeps things running smoothly as they check on and maintain machinery. Successful Controls Technicians are able to respond quickly to any problems that might arise. This position will work Monday - Friday from 1:45pm - 10pm, plus applicable daily and weekend overtime as required.
- Follow all safety requirements
- Test, troubleshoot, and oversee implementation of new processes and robotics
- Install retrofits to existing systems and troubleshoot hardware, software, and instrument problems
- Supports start-up activities
- Follow and support company IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 policies, procedures and work instructions
- Create and maintain automation processes
- Over-see testing procedures, writing reports and making sure that the instruments you develop comply with quality standards and safety regulations.
- Install, diagnose and fix programmable logic controllers and other devices that operate automated equipment
- Available for support calls 24/7
- Work within a team environment
- Work overtime as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
· Completion of a 2-year degree or technical certificate program
· 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience and a strong technical knowledge in the programming, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment including robots, scanners, and cameras
· Superior analytical capabilities
· Problem-solving and decision-making
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to stand up to 12 hours per day with frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching,
kneeling, and crawling activities
· Wearing required PPE in a manufacturing environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.