2nd/3rd Shift Maintenance $32.00 - $33.50/hour
- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs Preventive maintenance, fabricates and repair to all equipment and facility to ensure safe and efficient operation of machinery, hydraulics and electrical equipment and electrical components
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company policy.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Awareness and understanding of Environmental Policy (ISO 14001) and Quality Policy (IATF 16949) guidelines and how the position’s responsibilities impacts on environment and quality.
- Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance in the department.
- Ensures personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training, appropriate education, skills and experience.
- Performs other duties as required by Manager/Supervisor to keep pace with changes in the scope of work.
- Provides assistance to other skilled trades in the event of production or staffing emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works with supervisors, engineers, management to provide most effective maintenance solutions in the facility.
- Assist with production difficulties related to Roll form process, setup and operation.
- Rebuilds production equipment including, air motors, hydraulic pumps, water pumps, coolant pumps, diaphragm pumps.
- Maintains, fabricates and repairs all production, support and facilities as needs.
- Performs all preventative maintenance, responds to production breakdowns throughout the facility moves and installs standard equipment.
- Dismantles and assembles complicated machines to determine cause of problem.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirement on Roll Mills, Roll mill support equipment, conveyer systems, air compressors, Ventilation systems and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing, using precision measuring of testing instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measure.
- Lift equipment and dies using cranes and lift trucks.
- Installs new equipment and assists supplier with testing.
- Prepares work report at the end of each shift.
- Receives work orders, performs the repairs and writes a completion report and notifies the supervisor.
- Makes purchase requests to the supervisor for required parts.
- Maintains all equipment, and support equipment using grease gun, oils, and replacement parts, welding using MIG, Stick, and occasional TIG. Use of shop equipment lathes, mills hand grinders.
- Reading and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints.
SKILL: Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems using known methods.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work environment is representative of those that an associate may encounter to preform the essential functions of the job, including outside activities year round. Lifting up to 75 pounds and will be required to sit, stand, walk, see and hear, bending reaching and lifting.
QUALIFICATIONS: 3-5 years experience in industrial maintenance.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Industrial maintenance, mechanical, electrical hydraulic and pneumatic.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Lockout/Tag out, Forklift safety, Crane safety, Spill Response, required in house training listed is not fully inclusive of all the requirements.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS FOLLOWS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Seek a team approach perspective when required.
- Strong mechanical, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic components and systems
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to comprehend and make references from written material and work orders.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Knowledge of methods, tools and equipment used in designing, repairing and /or fabrication.
- $32.00/hour for non journeyman
- $33.50/hour for journeyman
- $0.75/hour shift premium for 2nd/3rd shift
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.