Job: Purchasing Coordinator
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Posted Date
- Ventra Angola LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position:
Performs purchasing functions for, materials, maintenance, repairs, operations for the facility. Performs duties associated with the maintenance of supplier requirements and inventory functions of Ventra Angola for purchasing components, parts, and/or fasteners. Schedules carrier appointments into facility for direct material.
- Process purchase orders from approved requisitions
- Communicate with vendors to obtain product or service information relative to price, availability and delivery schedules.
- Work in conjunction with the build schedule relative to inventory levels and reorder points.
- Performs bi-weekly cycle count of components/steel inventory and reconciles variances.
- Execute all job responsibilities in accordance with TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement process and incorporate the zero defect quality standard in all work.
- Schedules incoming direct and indirect material with shipping and receiving.
- Review customer demands supplied by Customer Service Rep and issue releases to all suppliers for inventory requirements for build schedules.
- Follow up with suppliers on raw material releases and ship schedules to ensure timely delivery.
- Other job responsibilities, not specifically listed here, that may be determined necessary by the manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum five years purchasing experience or college degree with a minimum two years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of local and global markets for the industry.
- Basic mathematical skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages required.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online