Job: Accounting Administrator
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Min. Exp. (Yrs)
- Posted Date
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position:
The Accounting Administrator performs a variety of general accounting tasks to support the Controller in ensuring various transactions are properly recorded. Focus is on accounts payable responsibilities with cross-training in other accounting functions.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, saving deductions and job title and department/division transfers.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing informtion.
- Processes government requirements, terminations and other employee documentation as required.
- Process yearend adjustments, taxable benefits and tax documents.
- Processes acounts payable in accordance with Corporate internal control procedures.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; preparing vouchers; resolving purchase order/contract/invoice or payment discrepancies and documents.
College diploma (2 years) in accounting.
1+ years of related experience and/or training.
Payroll experience is preferred.
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Strong organization and communication skills.
Proficiency with computer applications and administration systems.
Ability to work effectively alone or in team environment.
Strong analytical abilities with the ability to manage multiple projects.
Must be detail oriented.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.